This six part series will explore the attributes of strong leaders of top corporations in the United States and San Antonio. This educational program utilizes concepts from the leading business book, Good to Great by author Jim Collins, as well as other exceptional resources focusing on executive leadership development.
The purpose of the Transformational Leadership Development Series (TLD) is to help leaders and future leaders in our community to identify and develop executive level leadership skills such as:
The Transformational Leadership Development Series will consist of six morning sessions, with breakfast, focusing on specific skills and knowledge exemplified by high level leaders in highly successful companies. The participants will also be exposed to San Antonio leaders who have excelled in moving their companies forward and who are held in high regard by the San Antonio community for their leadership contributions in and outside the business world.
The 2019 topics, Expert and Spotlight Speakers are as follows:
- Jan. 31 - "Ethical Leadership in Corporations" – Expert Speaker, Lee Cusenbary, Gen. Counsel and Chief Legal Officer, Mission Pharmacal
- Feb. 21 - "Passion, Personal Growth & Ethical Leadership" – Expert/Spotlight Speaker, Honorable Phylis Speedlin, Attorney & former Chief Justice 4th Court of Appeals
- Mar. 21 - "Critical Conversations" – Expert Speaker, Dr. Carolyn Castillo, Administrator, Education Service Center - Region 20
- Mar. 21 - Spotlight Speaker - Erika Prosper Nirenberg, First Lady of SA & Director of Customer Insights, H-E-B
- Apr. 18 - "Mentor vs. Coach" – Expert Speaker, Betty Burks, Consultant to Boards/School Districts
- Apr. 18 - Spotlight Speaker - Asia Ciaravino, CEO, SA Youth
- May 30 - "iLeadership for a New Generation" – Expert Speaker, Dr. Tom Cleary, Vice Chancellor, Alamo Colleges
- May 30 - Spotlight Speaker - Paula Gold-Williams, President/CEO, CPS Energy
- June 20 - "Personal & Professional Balance" – Expert Speaker, Becky Spieth, CEO, Leadership Empowered*
- June 20 - Spotlight Speaker - Gordon Hartman, CEO & Philanthropist, Gordan Hartman Enterprises
Participants in the program will:
Applications for the 2019 Transformational Leadership Development Series will be accepted November 19, 2018 thru January 11, 2019. All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and participants will be notified soon thereafter. If selected, payment of fee is required for participation in the program upon acceptance. The Leadership Development Program has a $425 tuition for members and $550 for non-members. The fee will include a copy of the book Strengthsfinder, with access to valuable resources, and breakfast at each session.
Congratulations to our
2019 Transformational Leadership Development Series Graduates!